Dreaming of your own personal editor?
Look no further.
I can get your writing unblocked, your message clarified and yourself untangled, so you can get your project out into the world
(because we both know you’ve got important stuff to say!)
Let me guess – you’re deep in the writing process and you can almost see the finish line (not to mention the deadline!) but you just can’t get it to sound… quite… right…
You’ve invested precious time, energy and money in this project and the further in you get, the more tangled you feel. You know what you want to say but you can’t find the words to make it clear and inspiring. You’re not even sure it makes sense anymore?
Listen, if you’re tweaking and twisting sentences…
stressing about the structure…
rewriting the same thing in a million ways or…
simply trying for too quell that stifling feeling of panic that is knotting up your stomach and rising up into your chest, then…
Stop whatever it is you are writing right now… and breathe.
We’ve all been there with writing projects – especially the ones you are most passionate about – it’s easy to get lost in them. The worst thing you can do is to think you need to stay lost. The most dangerous myth for a writer is that of the solitary genius.
Take a look at some of the most famous lone wolf writers… Hemingway, Bukowski, Kerouac, Parker, Poe, Fitzgerald. Every one of ’em ended up alcoholic or institutionalised.
The smartest, sanest writers ask for help.
Did you know: hiring a Copy Editor has been scientifically proven* to reduce grey hairs.
*This is only true if, like my 4 year old, you believe that I am in fact a scientist.
Are you dreaming of?
- Your own personal editor – who can chop what doesn’t work, change what almost does and add some extra flair?
- A professional writer who can take your half-baked ideas and semi-finished sentences and weave them into something wondrous?
- Someone who understands authentic storytelling, sales psychology, marketing and copywriting conventions?
- A creative cheerleader who understands the big, beautiful and brave work that is self-expression and entrepreneurship?
As a copywriter and creative mentor – who spends my days writing and crafting copy from scratch – I’ve developed a keen eye for what works (and what doesn’t).
I specialise in weaving words together, polishing up and pulling together prose. Whether it’s a book, blog post or sales page, I can make sure your copy hits its mark without losing the magic.
I can help you:
- Pull your words together to create a clear and consistent message.
- Remove the unnecessary and leave all the gold (I’ll kill your darlings for you).
- Tighten up your text to be punchy and powerful. Brevity is key!
- Minor restructuring (where needed) to make it ravishingly readable
- Save you time and reduce your stress levels from Cranky Pants to Cool Cucumber.
- Ensure everything you need to say is said (things you may not even know are missing).
- Knowledge of design, readability and layout.
- Inject humour, heart or whatever else is missing.
What sort of writing projects can I help you with?:
- Web Copy
- Digital products + courses
- Sales pages
- Entire website revisions
- Blog posts
- I’m willing to look at anything you want to show me (no ingrown toenails; I don’t do feet).
How much does it cost?
How long is a piece of string-cheese? Answer: delicious. But seriously, the scope of projects I work on can vary wildly and therefore I work on a per quote basis. However here is a guideline:
Hourly rate: $100
Editing Speed: I edit between 1000 – 1500 words per hour.
Minimum project time: 3 hours
If you want to turn your babble into brevity…